Find a downloadable PDF version of this recipe here: Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Bake time: 50 minutes
- 2.5 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional, I used plain)
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 egg (sub 1 tbsp ground flax and 1 tbsp water if vegan)
- 1.5 cup mashed, ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter plus 1 tbsp on top
- 2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries (I added these in for more fruit and fibre!)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Mash the bananas well, then place them in a large mixing bowl along with the egg, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, 1 cup raspberries, and cocoa powder. Whisk until the mixture is mostly smooth (there may be small pieces of banana).
- Add the milk to the chocolate banana mixture, and then whisk until smooth again. Add the dry rolled oats and then stir until combined.
- Pour the oat mixture into a 2-3 quart casserole dish coated with non-stick spray. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of peanut butter over the oats and drag a knife through to create swirls. If needed, warm the peanut butter slightly to make it runny enough to drizzle over the oats. Add the remaining 1 cup raspberries on top of the peanut butter.
- Bake the oats in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Serve warm with a splash of milk.
- Oatmeal freezes well. To reheat, simply add a little extra milk and warm in the oven or microwave.
*The recipe originally called for 3 cups of oats but I found this too make it too dry so I suggest trying 2.5 cups, or maybe even try 2 cups (may require longer cooking time). Adapted from: https://www.budgetbytes.com/peanut-butter-brownie-baked-oatmeal/