- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and grease the inside of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, 1/4 cup of the pecans, 1/4 cup of the coconut, flax seed, help hearts, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, milk, egg, oil or butter, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle half of the peaches and blueberries over the bottom of the baking dish. (I use my hands to evenly distribute the fruit.) Cover the fruit with all of the dry oat mixture. Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Scatter the remaining fruit, almonds, and coconut over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the oat mixture has set. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- This may be eaten immediately or made ahead and reheated or eaten cold. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. (I often prepare this the night before and like the way the flavors develop and the oatmeal sets as it sits overnight.) Leftover portions freeze well. Heat with a bit of milk.
Recipe by: Mary Cranmer-Byng, MSc., RD, CDE
MCB Nutrition and Movement – email@example.com